The mission of the Tax Division is to enforce the nation's tax laws fully, fairly, and consistently, through both criminal and civil litigation, in order to promote voluntary compliance with the tax laws, maintain public confidence in the integrity of the tax system, and promote the sound development of the law. The Tax Division employees more than 350 Attorneys in fourteen civil, criminal and appellate sections.Learn more about this agency
Each of these positions is located in one of the three Criminal Enforcement Sections of the Tax Division. The Data Management Specialist works extensively with the Division's automated legal case management system, updating and maintaining data regarding the Division's criminal cases.
As a Data Management Specialist, you will act as the focal point for all case management information and data analysis for one or more of the sections. Your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Receives and reviews all new cases, analyzes materials to determine correctness of the case classification, identifies and corrects any errors in classification, prepares written recommendations for appropriate classification and routes material within the section to the appropriate attorneys and managers.
- Examines and analyzes new case materials to determine and assign proper case category codes; enters case data into the automated legal case management system, routes materials to appropriate personnel for review and determination of attorney assignments, reviewer assignments and case weighting; coordinates the prompt return of said materials.
- Coordinates receipt, reproduction and distribution of regular monthly reports to the appropriate Section officials.
- Ensures "quality control" of Section materials in automated legal case management system through an ongoing manual review of regular and special reports.
- Monitors within the section all status changes throughout the life of the case; prepares and coordinates monthly request to Section attorneys for case status updates; ensures report completion and return of update sheets; enters status changes into the automated legal case management system.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498819400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.