There are two vacancies for this position -- one in Nashville, TN and one in Milwaukee, WI .Learn more about this agency
This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under Announcement 18-HUD-351. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
This position is located in the Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH), Field Operations Staff. PIH’s mission is to provide low-income families affordable housing opportunities as they transition to self-sufficiency and homeownership. PIH oversees the administration of HUD’s Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher, Section 8 Rental Assistance, and Native American Programs through a staff of Headquarters and Field employees. The field structure for PIH consists of 29 Hub Offices and 16 Program Centers that provide oversight, direct monitoring, and coordination for approximately 4,200 public housing authorities. The Field Operations Staff advises the Director, the PIH Desk Officers and other Headquarters staff on all matters relating to the administration and management of Public Housing programs in the Field.
ResponsibilitiesThe following are the duties of this position at the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Utilize available computer equipment and data systems to maintain current Public Housing Authorities (PHA) data, track PHA performance trends and compliance issues, and generate appropriate work products.
- Develop analytical papers on programs, assessing performance and suggesting new policies and policy changes having nationwide impact.
- Develop appropriate strategies, tools, and procedures to address identified performance deficiencies arising from field office reviews of PHAs' information processing systems.
- Coordinate with the Information Services Division concerning the development and provision of training on new programs and updates; participates in the training of staff in recognizing deficiencies in PHA automated systems.
- Respond to special one-time data needs by analyzing information needs, designing and developing programs and reporting formats or modifications to existing programs.
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. citizens or U.S. Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498768700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.