The Office of Financial Management (OFM) administers the financial management and budget functions of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The office assists the Office of the Chief Financial Officer in formulating budget and authorization requests, monitoring the utilization of agency resources and developing, overseeing and maintain SEC financial systems. These activities include cash management, accounting, fee collections, travel policy development, and oversight and budget justification and execution. The Filing Fees Branch processes and reviews fee-bearing filings and manages related transactions, such as collecting accounts receivables, returning unused monies to registrants, and assisting filers with fee related questions.Learn more about this agency
If selected, you will join a well-respected team serving as the Chief of the Office of Financial Management's Filing Fee Branch.
- Supervise a staff of accountants and financial management specialists that includes planning, distributing, coordinating and monitoring work assignments and evaluating work performance.
- Determine financial management information and operational needs, make recommendations, and monitor financial systems and programs.
- Provide accounting guidance in a wide range of complex financial analysis and reconciliations of SEC accounting data.
- Interact effectively with SEC staff and senior officials, contractors, other federal agencies and internal and external customers. Represent the agency in meetings, conferences, and in public forums.
- Convey complex technical information in both written and oral formats. Respond to questions and inquiries on matters of accounting and operational procedures and policies.
- Provide authoritative advice to accountant and analysts in the continuing analysis, revision, improvement, or adjustment of SEC's accounting operations and systems.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498673600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.