Smithsonian Facilities provides unparalleled stewardship of Smithsonian buildings, gardens, and facilities – operating, maintaining, and ensuring a safe, secure, healthy environment that enhances the Smithsonian experience for all. As the largest and most diverse organization within the Smithsonian Institution, Smithsonian Facilities’ employees are located throughout the 19 world-class museums, galleries, gardens, research and cultural centers, as well as the National Zoological Park. Our team is comprised of professionals from every facet of facilities management, performing the majority of projects and requirements with our own workforce. Responsible for the planning, design, construction, maintenance, and safety of the Smithsonian’s world-wide facilities, we accomplish our mission and vision through four Strategic Goals:
- Partnering with the Smithsonian Community
- Caring for Distinctive Buildings and Grounds
- Providing Exceptional Experiences for Internal and External Customers
- Cultivating a Highly Motivated and Dedicated Workforce
The purpose of this position is to perform work involved in the administrative aspects of calendar management, procurement actions, property management, budget and financial operations, timekeepting, travel management, communications support, and other general administrative support functions for staff assigned to all Smithsonian Facilities. The Management Support Specialist works with a higher level specialist in performing work in carrying out administrative functions related managing a high-functioning executive office.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as the timekeeper ensuring time and attendance (T&A) reports are validated and certified in the Web-TA system.
- Establishes and maintains up-to-date personnel files for the Office.
- Organizes and maintains hard and e-files for the Office in a standardized and efficient manner.
- Receives and responds to all inquiries the phone, in person or via email in a timely manner.
- Enters all personnel actions in HRMS for Office.
- Conducts management studies relating to work flow, organization changes, communications and correspondence management within the Office.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals. Excepted Service employees may also apply to this announcement.
Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities should apply to Job Announcement #18R-DT-303737-MPA-SF.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498564200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.