This position is located in Defense Information Systems Agency, OC/Services Directorate (SE6B) at Fort Meade, MD.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as an Information Technology Specialist to accomplish difficult and complex projects and/or individual problems;
- Furnish technical advice, guidance, and assistance to the Branch Chief, other staff officers, military departments and other agencies on matters pertaining to computer and network security;
- Participates as a team member in the INFOSEC incident response effort (e.g. validation/analysis, isolation, containment, data collection and analysis, and development/implementation of countermeasures for the DoD automated information systems);
- Performs analysis of retrieved data, and the preparation of detailed reports of INFOSEC security incidents;
- Provides technical assistance in the assessment of INFOSEC incidents and key vulnerabilities affecting the DoD;
- Maintains a detailed knowledge of the latest in computer networking techniques and standards by attending available training courses and self-initiated education;
- Prepares and provides briefings for other computer security analysts and users within DISA and DoD Components.
Occasional travel - Less than 25%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498496100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.