This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, HAB-HIV/AIDS Bureau, Office of the Associate Administrator (OAA), in Rockville, Maryland.
This position is a mission critical occupation and is responsible for analyzing public health programs, policies and procedures to ensure that Health Resources and Services Administration meets its mission, goals and objectives.
The HIV/AIDS Bureau:
- The HIV/AIDS Bureau's mission is to provide leadership and resources to assure access to and retention in high quality, integrated care and treatment services for vulnerable people living with HIV/AIDS and their families. This position is responsible for analyzing public health programs, policies and procedures to ensure that Health Resources and Services Administration meet its mission, goals and objectives. HAB administers Title XXVI of the Public Health Services Act as amended by the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Extension Act of 2009 (Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program).
- The Office of the Associate Administrator provides leadership and direction for the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) and Presidents' Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programs and activities and oversees its relationship with other national health programs within the Federal, State and local structures, as well as private sector organizations.
- Ensuring public health programs, priorities, and activities of the Office align with HAB and HRSA-wide goal.
- Advising on issues, goals, and plans impacting public health programs.
- Providing leadership and guidance on the development and implementation of policies; programs; budget formulation and execution; strategic planning; research and evaluation; and organizational management.
- Assisting in the direction and coordination of day-to-day operational and administrative activities.
- Managing high-priority initiatives of critical importance; including managing and resolving time sensitive requests and crises.
- Serving as a back-up for the grants liaison in providing support to the Office of Federal Assistance Management.
- Advising and collaborating with high-ranking officials such as other agency heads, top congressional staff officials, legislative leaders, and executives of comparable private sector organizations.
- Conducting studies, evaluating findings and preparing comprehensive reports incorporating conclusive and specific recommendations.
25% or less - Up to 25% domestic travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498488200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.