IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE ANNOUNCEMENT PRIOR TO SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATIONLearn more about this agency
This is a term position not to exceed two years and may be extended two years.
This is an episodic, intermittent position, on an irregular or occasional basis with hours and days of work not on a prearranged schedule and with compensation for the actual time employed or for service rendered.
Applicants must understand that the work performed is primarily related to readiness for and deployment for response during the aftermath of a disaster or public health emergency, where work may be field-based, that may be remote and austere, caring for sick, injured, dying, or deceased persons. This work requires above average health, physical, and mental conditioning with routine long periods of repetitive walking, bending, lifting, and carrying, such as carrying national disaster medical system equipment or heavy patients on litters. Incumbent must be capable of working in a high stress, high-security, remote, austere, and uncharacterized environment, void of infrastructure and vital services, requiring specific physical demands, such as the ability to lift 50 pounds, and work characteristics that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. For these reasons, employees are required to complete a physical and health screening process to meet and maintain certain physical standards, as well as mental, behavioral, and cognitive competencies.
NOTE: This vacancy will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire authority. Veterans' Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. Please click here for more information on OPM's Authorization of Direct Hire authority.
- Review and implement policy and procedure to include: acquisition, distribution, inventory, quality control, maintenance, transportation, storage and disposal.
- Provide guidance on logistics management and accountability, contractor activities, disposal requirements to enhance readiness capability.
- Provide department-wide and outside technical and non-technical guidance and ensure support is provided to Headquarters, field and contractor staff.
- Provide contract administration for property management programs; directs contractors and provide performance metrics to identify and measure contractor performance award fee.
- Develop policy and procedure for Accountable Property Representative at site offices, keeps staff appraised of new or updated practices and ensure adherence.
76% or greater - 95% Domestic and 5% international travel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498475900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.