About the Position: This is an Engineering Technician (Civil), GS-0802-09/10 Target GS-11 position with the U.S. Army Corps. of Engineers, Tulsa District, Tulsa Engineering & Construction Division, Tulsa, Oklahoma.Learn more about this agency
This position may be filled at the GS-09 level with promotion potential to the GS-11 through the intervening grade of GS-10, OR at the GS-10 level with promotion potential to the full performance GS-11 level OR at the full performance level GS-11. Promotion is at the discretion of management.
- As a full performance Engineering Technician (Civil), GS-0802-11 you will be responsible for the cleaning and evaluation of Instrumentation at the Southwestern Tulsa Dam Safety Projects. Other duties include:
- Prepare summary reports, presentations, and briefing on instrumentation.
- Evaluate the instrumentation data and prepare reports to make recommendations to the Project Engineer on the performance or the need to replace/repair the instrumentation.
- Collect data from and maintain field instrumentation to include piezometers with or without transducers, flow meters, weirs, inclinometers, relative movement indicators, and other dam safety instrumentation.
- Performs, participates in, or oversees on-site testing, monitoring, repairing, and installing of instrumentation devices.
- Utilize GPS and level type surveys at SWT Dam Safety Projects. This mainly includes top of dam profile surveys, lock alignment surveys, and conduit surveys.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498398000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.