About the Position: You will serve as a senior electrical engineer in the Maintenance Engineering Section, Operations Division, with the responsibility for the operation, maintenance, modification, reliability and repair of electrical equipment and systems at the District's hydroelectric power facilities and 18 operating lake projects. Provides pertinent information to Section Chief in establishing, justifying and monitoring the hydroelectric power plants and projects staffing, budgets and the procurement of electrical equipment and materials.Learn more about this agency
This announcement may close early due to the following conditions:
1.) Once 1,000 applicants have been received.
2.) Once all positions have been filled.
3.) If management directs that positions will no longer be filled.
- Make periodic visits to District operating lake projects and power plants for the purpose of providing technical advice and assistance to project personnel on preventive maintenance, repair, operation, modification and alteration of procedures
- Perform or direct surveys and investigations at the various facilities to determine their condition and to secure necessary data, evaluate the data, and incorporate salient findings into modifications and/or repairs.
- Develop methods and procedures to be used to determine the operational adequacy of complex electronic and electrical equipment and systems .
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of power plant major unit outages, annual and periodic inspections.
- Implement electrical and North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) standards and develops supplemental standards and procedures for operation and maintenance of the projects and power plants .
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498394100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.