**This is an Excepted Service position. This appointment will not confer Competitive Service career-conditional or career tenure status. This means that if you are selected, you would have to compete with other applicants in open competition to meet requirements for another Federal position, unless you meet the requirements for reinstatement. Applicants who voluntarily convert from the competitive service, Senior Executive Service, or other pay systems to a non-time limited appointment under this excepted service authority are not afforded "fallback rights" to the pay system previously assigned prior to conversion.**Learn more about this agency
The incumbent performs the following duties:
- Leads teams of DOE and contractor technical experts in the conduct of, or conducts inspections, assessments, and special technical analyses/studies at DOE nuclear facilities and laboratories.
- Serves as advisor to Headquarters and field officials on issues related to nuclear facility design, accident analysis, construction, operations and decommissioning, including the identification and evaluation of operations and/or conditions which represent a systems safety risk; and the formulation and recommendation of measures to eliminate or control such risks and hazards.
- Develops, manages, and directs the incorporation of nuclear facility engineered safety systems, maintenance and testing programs, safety basis documents, engineering and quality assurance programs, and operations data collection into EA activities.
- Conceives, formulates, establishes, and coordinates requirements for systems safety data in the ES&H oversight program.
- Develops measurement methodologies, approaches, and analytical tools.
- Evaluates adequacy of objectives, policies, standards, and practices for nuclear facility design, accident analysis, safety basis development and operations.
- Maintains awareness of nuclear facility design and operations techniques in research programs outside DOE.
50% or less - Travel will be approximately 30% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens.
This position is also being advertised via Merit Promotion procedures. The announcement number is: DOE-EA-18-00064-MP.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498308400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.