OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans. The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence ("I CARE").
America's Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Position Description Title/PD#: Management Analyst/17170-A GS-9, 17171-A GS-11
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-11. At the GS-09 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-11. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
This position is located within the Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Information Technology Operations and Services (ITOPS), End User Operations, District Business Office. The purpose of the position is to provide management oversight and evaluation of administrative programs and operations. The incumbent performs a variety of analytical, planning, evaluative, and advisory work.
- Develops and utilizes techniques and procedures for improving organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Applies fact-finding and investigative techniques; oral and written communications; and development of presentations and reports to inform management of administrative actions.
- Collects, researches, and analyzes data, produces and disseminates information related to executive management and daily office administrations.
- Researches and investigates business practices, management practices, or information system requirements for application to OI&T programs or operations to independently or in a team to develop program or administrative recommendations on process improvement, process implementation, systems specifications, data gathering, and analytical techniques.
- Present findings and recommendations on complex issues or problems impacting major programs.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498291700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.