Are you a high-performing executive, visionary, skilled strategist, and collaborative relationship builder with an exceptional record of delivering optimal results and measurable outcomes? This may be your opportunity to shine. Are you a senior administrative professional interested in a career with the Nation's premiere biomedical research center? Do you want to make a difference in this country's healthcare? Do you want to perform challenging work in a collegial environment, while enjoying quality of work/life flexibilities and a competitive compensation package?Learn more about this agency
Who we are, what we do, and why it matters. The National Institutes of Health (NIH), within the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), is looking for dynamic and energetic leaders to join the Senior Executive Service (SES) - a talented team of men and women charged with leading the continuing transformation of our government.
The NCI, in the National Institutes of Health is seeking exceptional candidates for the position of Deputy Director for Management.This is a career Federal position in the Senior Executive Service. See "Duties" section for a list of the major responsibilities.
- Serves as a key member of the leadership team and be the primary advisor to the NCI Director
- Advises senior managers of the NCI on key legislative, regulatory, and policy developments that directly affect the business management and administrative operations of the NCI.
- Coordinates activities and working to ensure that all divisions, labs, offices and branches within the NCI function seamlessly.
- Provides guidance to senior program and scientific staff on human and financial resource utilization, administrative management, infrastructure and human capital issues to support and advance the achievement of the NCI?s mission.
- Builds organization capability through the development and implementation of effective hiring and development strategies and continuously strives to incorporate new ideas and information into NCI policies and procedures.
- Presents ideas and innovative solutions, taking into account input and opinions from key stakeholders.
- Serves as a role model for the institute, demonstrating integrity and fairness, and adhering in work and behavior to the highest ethical and business practice standards.
- Manages an annual budget of approximately $5 billion for a staff of approximately 3,000 employees
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498127100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.