The incumbent serves as the Health Policy and Issues Management Analyst and is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Office of Appropriations, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Washington, DC. The primary purpose for this position is to serve as a strategy, policy, and legislative advisor to CDC leadership and programs in order to support CDC leadership and programs in engagement with the Washington policy community. The incumbent will also represent CDC to Federal officials, Congressional members and staff, and organizations engaged in public health policy.Learn more about this agency
As a Health Policy and Issues Management Analyst you will:
- Perform independent policy research and or policy evaluation, as well as other policy/analysis activities to further organization's goals and objectives.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of relevant policies.
- Provide leadership, expert technical advice, and coordination in policy research and policy development that will influence program efforts.
- Conduct extensive research and develop subject matter expertise.
- Develop reports and presentations to inform senior management officials, CDC leadership, HHS, administration officials, and members of the legislative branch.
- Analyze new or amended legislation, and develop recommendations covering programs, activities, or functions for which the CDC has responsibility.
- Provide quick accurate responses for engagement with senior officials within HHS, other Cabinet agencies, and the White House that may involve the CDC Washington Director, the CDC Director or other senior agency leadership, and senior administration officials.
- Communicate new initiatives/activities having a direct impact on CDC/ATSDR programs.
- Coordinate legislative activities, including final preparation and clearance of testimony and reporting of important information from legislative hearings and briefings to CDC officials.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498125400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.