*Only the first 200 applications for this position will be reviewed
The Corporation for National & Community Service (CNCS) takes pride in the work it does to "Get Things Done for America" and appreciates the contributions its interns make to forward the mission of promoting national service every day. The agency understands how work experience gained through these experiences can shape future careers, and offers both paid and unpaid internships throughout the year at our headquarters in Washington, DC.
We are now recruiting for Summer 2018 interns in Washington, DC.
Anticipated internship dates are from June 11, 2018 - August 17, 2018, although dates are flexible depending on office needs and intern schedules.
In the application questionnaire, applicants will have the opportunity to select their top three office preferences.
Interns will be placed in one of the offices listed below.
- Office of Information Technology
- Office of Budget
- Office of External Affairs
- Office of Human Capital
- Office of Procurement Services
- Accounting & Financial Management Services
- Office of Field Liaison (program office)
- Americorps VISTA (program office)
- SeniorCorps (program office)
The position of Program Support Assistant (Intern) provides administrative and technical support to programs and/or department staff.
- Conducts research, analyzes data and information from a variety of sources, and communicates results orally and in writing
- Prepares a variety of written documents such as meeting minutes, correspondence, research papers, reports, Power Point presentations, and other deliverables as needed
- Researches and gathers documentation as requested
- Establishes and maintains office records of various types
- Purges and disposes of records and files in accordance with established procedures
- Provides administrative support to the office and ongoing initiatives or projects
- Inputs information, data, and records into databases
- Collaborates with team members to support the business objectives of the office
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498073400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.