This position is part of the Division of Natural Resources. As a Biological Science Technician you will be responsible for assisting with the completion of Coastal Network objectives under the Inventory and Monitoring program relevant to salt marsh resiliency.Learn more about this agency
As a Biological Science Technician, your duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor, collect, and report on various wildlife and salt marsh habitat conditions
- Conduct wildlife censuses and surveys
- Assist with vegetation studies, including vegetation identification and evaluations
- Assist with the invasive plant control
- Assist with maintenance and repair projects such as road repair, fencing, posting, painting, and minor repair of equipment and facilities
- Provide work direction for volunteers, YCC enrollees, and lower graded staff
- Use automated wildlife databases and/or geographic information systems (GIS)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position to attend meetings, training, and to perform field work.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498026600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.