HUMAN RESOURCES DIVISION - ARLINGTON, VIRGINIALearn more about this agency
The US Marshals Service is the nation's oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.
This position is part of the Human Resources Division.
The selectee of this position serves as a Supervisory Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment & Placement/Compensation). You will be responsible for directing and managing one or more of the following USMS Human Resources Employment Services programs: Headquarters Staffing, Field Staffing, Law Enforcement Recruitment, management of an Office of Personnel Management (OPM) delegated examining unit, and the Criminal Investigator Merit Promotion Program.
WHO MAY APPLY: You may apply if you are a current or former career/career conditional Federal employee with competitive status, VEOA eligible, or are eligible for a non-competitive hiring authority (i.e. 30% or more Compensable Veterans, reinstatement eligibles, interchange agreements, etc.).
As a Supervisory Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment & Placement/Compensation) at the GS-0201-14 level, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Planning and assigning work, setting priorities, advising employees on program goals and objectives.
- Providing oversight of the OPM delegated examining unit, hiring, staffing and payroll assistance assigned areas.
- Providing guidance and assistance to all levels of USMS management regarding DOJ, USMS compliance with all applicable Federal HR laws, rules, directives, orders, regulations and decisions.
- Participating and/or coordinating with technical team members in various working groups to ensure the best possible outcome is produced.
- Developing policies, guides, procedures, etc. for assigned programs.
- Providing advice and guidance on all areas of employment and staffing-related issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498006400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.