This is an open continuous announcement. We accept applications for this occupation on an ongoing basis; qualified applicants will be considered as vacancies become available. Applicants will be referred to selecting official on a weekly basis OR until the closing date of this announcement. Applicants need not re-apply once the application is referred to the selecting official.Learn more about this agency
The VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System (VA EKHCS) is currently recruiting for a Pulmonologist at our Leavenworth VA Medical Center. Sleep Medicine Board certification (strongly preferred) or Board Eligibility in Internal Medicine with subspecialty board certification/eligibility in pulmonary medicine and critical care preferred.
Work Schedule: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Scope of Practice Title: Physician - Pulmonologist (Critical Care Intensivist)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Please email your CV to James Pryan @ James.Pryan@va.gov
OR fax to 913-758-4111 attention James Pryan - Physician Recruiter.
Recruitment incentives may be authorized for highly qualified applicants.
You may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. The Education Debt Reduction programs offers eligible applicants up to $120,000 (tax free!) for reimbursement of qualifying educational loans. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
This announcement will fill one (1) position in Leavenworth, KS.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the clinical care of the medicine patients and collaborate with the other service(s) on the care of their patients.
- Facilitate communication among primary care physicians, hospitalists, specialists, patients and their Families.
- Provide inpatient consultations and attending responsibilities in pulmonary/critical care/sleep medicine and bronchoscope procedures in appropriate cases; conduct general pulmonary/sleep outpatient clinics.
- Responsible for appropriate documentation of clinic notes, consultations and procedures using the computerized patient record; and performing routine/emergency diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Provide supplemental coverage to coverage to ICU in support of assigned hospitalist(s). Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (BLS/CPR) certification required.
- Participate in activities of the medical center that are designed to meet the requirements of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health care Organizations (The Joint Commission) and other regulatory agencies as they apply to the position.
- Participate in committees and review processes when needed or requested.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel between the Leavenworth and Topeka Campus may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/497360900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.