You will serve as a PRODUCTION SPECIALIST (SHIPS) in the Waterfront Operations and Production Division of NAVAL SHIP REPAIR FACILITY .Learn more about this agency
To learn more about the living and working condition at this military installation go to: http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/MOS/f?p=MI:ENTRY:0
"Welcome to the Pacific" magazine link: https://epub.stripes.com/Welcome-to-Pacific-JO_120816
Priority consideration will be given to military spouse preference and family member preference eligible residing in the commute area of the duty location for this position. Commute area is defined as the geographic area surrounding the duty location in which people can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily.
Military Spouses and Family Members may apply 30 days before their anticipated arrival date. However, they will not receive preference until arrival at the foreign location. Additional documentation may be required prior to granting preference.
Military spouses and family members who are appointed may not extend longer than 2 months following the transfer of the sponsor from the commuting area of the foreign duty station; 2 months beyond the separation of the appointee's sponsor; or any time beyond the time employee ceases to be a family member.
- You will provide planning coordination and direction during the advance planning and production phases of a project.
- You will control and coordinate planning for ship work and special projects, including monitoring material ordering, authorizing issuance of job orders.
- You will evaluate reports submitted by production ships and/or private sector contractors to determine appropriate action to be taken.
- You will act as the funds administrator for assigned projects.
- You will maintain knowledge of current labor rates and material costs to evaluate planner and estimator?s estimates and provides training when needed.
- You will provide comprehensive knowledge of regulations, polices, and procedures.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496892200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.