Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an Air Reserve Technician (ART) to perform both on and off ordnance equipment maintenance and to train reservists in the accomplishment of tasks set forth herein.
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. Must meet and maintain Air Force Reserve requirements. Must meet and maintain Air Force Reserve requirements. The incumbent's regular assignments are primarily ART duties; however, the incumbent may also be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30% of total responsibilities. Work schedules will be aligned to allow the individual to function fully on unit training assembly (UTA) weekends.
- Installs, modifies, overhauls, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs a complete missile and ordnance systems including support and test equipment consisting of numerous complex integrated components.
- Sets up and operates software controlled automatic test equipment (ATE) to test and troubleshoot complex electronic component of missile and ordnance systems.
- Receives stores, handles, and transports ammunition, rockets, unguided and guided weapons and countermeasures, demolition material, and other types of conventional ordnance.
- Complies with all federal, DoD, USAF, state and local regulations concerning hazardous material and waste including all explosive items.
- Plans and conducts training of reservists and other employees.
- Performs and certifies, munitions, missile, armament, and support equipment serviceability inspection duties.
- Provides proper allocation, control, care and use of ordnance and related equipment to customers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496889900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.