The WG-7408-3 food service workers perform duties as follows, but are not limited to, that require proficiency in special procedures and a broad knowledge of service operations, such as:Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Selectee will be assigned to one of the following work schedules:
5:30am - 2:00pm.
5:45am - 2:15pm
9:30am - 2:00pm.
11:00am - 7:30pm
Rotating schedules Saturday though Sunday
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Position Description Title/PD#: Food Service Worker/40601-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Selects and places food or other items on patient trays according to menu and tray ticket.
- Prepares and portions simple salads and desserts for regular, modified and texture modified diets.
- Delivers trays to patients and reports patient's comments; picks up trays.
- Prepares and delivers foods for taste panel.
- Sets up assigned station with correct items.
- Breaks down and cleans area after the serving period.
- Assist cooks by weighing, measuring, and assembling ingredients according to standardized recipes.
- Prepares uncooked food items such as sandwich spreads, pureed salads/desserts.
- Sets up, operates and cleans ware-washing machine and keeps units supplied.
- Maintains quality control standards and maintains quality control records, e.g. food temperatures and equipment temperature charts according to established procedures.
- Operates a variety of food service equipment such as slicers and blenders.
- Cleans and sanitizes all work areas.
- Identifies obvious discrepancies between the prescribed diets and the food items designated by the menu.
- Selects food items to serve for the most common diets when the tray ticket identifies only the kind of diet called for, such as liquid diet or diabetic diet.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496837600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.