This position is located in Office of Executive Secretary, Secretariat Staff (S/ES-S). S/ES-S is the primary point of contact and principal advisor to the Executive Secretary, the Offices of the Secretary, Deputy Secretary, Counselor, and the Under Secretaries on all matters concerning the management of official Department records, records life cycle management, public requests and need-to-know access to information, classification management and declassification, privacy, research of official records and public information resources and corporate records archives.Learn more about this agency
The Supervisory Records and Information Management Specialist supervises the Correspondence, Records, and Staffing Division for the Office of the Executive Secretary. The incumbent has primary responsibility for planning and directing the activities of the division, consisting of eleven employees, and serves as the Bureau Records Coordinator.
This position is not eligible for telework.
- Serves as records management expert with respect to Department of State's records management policies, business processes and related strategic matters for the Executive Secretariat and all offices falling under the Office of the Secretary.
- Directs staff formulation of policies, goals, objectives and strategies for the major record keeping and archives programs managed by the Executive Secretariat.
- Serves as senior trainer, consultant and technical advisor to the Executive Secretary and Department leadership on all matters related to the maintenance of the Department’s electronic and non‑electronic records, as well as the preservation of vital historical records.
- Manages a wide range of complex analytical work to facilitate development and conduct of records management projects in the Department that cover entire records management life cycles, including retirement of a vast quantity of historical material maintained in the Executive Secretariat to the Electronic Records Service Center.
- Determines policies for updates to Everest, the Executive Secretariat’s records management and briefing materials archive; makes determinations for implementation of new information and records management requirements, procedures, programs and systems, and advises broad range of management officials, technical experts and program managers concerning the advisability and feasibility of adopting the new policies and systems for their integration in the Department’s information and records management systems.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employees Eligible for Promotion or Reassignment and Employees in the Agency Overseas Development Program (ODP) Exercising Reemployment Rights Only
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496795700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.