Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to provide detailed structural planning for maintenance, repair and construction of base real property assets. To perform technical work in functions such as development, design, and/or construction of engineering facilities and structures. Planning includes but is not limited to accepting internal and external customer service requests for service, providing cost estimates for approval/disapproval actions for in-service and contract work authorizations. Reports to Work Order Planning Supervisor.
- Responsible for customer interface and the development of designs, plans, and specifications for facility projects requiring the independent application of background data, the interpretation
- Use of numerous precedents, and the coordination of several skills and trades, e.g. structural, plumbers, heating and air conditioning mechanics, etc.
- Performs the layout and design of moderately complex mechanical equipment and systems
- Such as plumbing, heating, air conditioning, sprinkler systems, hydraulic piping, air compressor systems and other similar and related types of mechanical systems and equipment.
- Assists individual work centers to identify unusual work and/or material requirements associated with Direct Schedule Work Orders and Work Orders.
- Maintains records of work to be accomplished, accomplished work, and work in progress.
- Performs annual integrated facility systems component condition/evaluation inspection of all real property facilities.
- Performs a wide range of customer service duties/responsibilities and participates in quality Air Force programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496785200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.