About the Position: The Public Works Directorate at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington, leads the industry in providing exceptional infrastructure, resource, and facility management services. We are the preferred service provider to all our customers and a resource for innovation worldwide. We actively partner with other providers to form strategic alliances that provide the highest value for our customers. Our workforce is a proactive, motivated and highly trained team; delivering services efficiently, ethically, and with pride in ownership in all we do.Learn more about this agency
- Perform the full scope of monitoring and controlling of a variety of construction contracts including full multi-discipline projects involving civil, architectural, electrical
- and mechanical systems and components to provide complete and usable new and renovated facilities.
- Review project plans/specifications prior to contract advertisement to determine practicability from construction standpoint.
- Attend pre-bid and preconstruction conference to discuss principal construction features/requirements in terms of methods and equipment.
- Observes/investigates construction at all stages to identify problems; take timely action to change designs not requiring professional engineer skills; or recommend changes to designer to solve problems.
- Conduct final inspection; preparing deficiency list; ensure all deficiencies are corrected and all contract requirements are completed before signing final acceptance of project.
- Review contractor cost breakdowns, progress measurement data, reports of material and equipment used and field inspections and survey reports to compute periodic payments.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) travel will be less than 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496781600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.