Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: Click here http://www.cpms.osd.mil/Content/Documents/PPP-Program%20S.pdf for specific program requirements. To request MSP hiring preference, you must submit the following documents: Statement requesting MSP; and Copy of military sponsor's PCS orders.
The primary purpose of this position is: to serve as the Information Technology Specialist (Security) and perform work to plan, analyze, design, develop, test, conduct quality assurance, configure, install, implement, integrate, maintain, manage and secure special access program (SAP) systems used for transmission of information in voice, data, and video formats for Special Programs Division, HQ Air Force, Air Force, MAJCOMs, Joint Staff and Combatant Commands.
This is a Centrally Managed position in the Communication and Information Career field.
- Apply IT security principles, methods, and security products to protect and maintain the availability, integrity, confidentiality, and accountability of information system resources and information processed throughout the system's life cycle.
- Continuously identifies and analyzes threats and vulnerabilities to the information systems to maintain an appropriate level of protection.
- Evaluates, assesses, or locally tests and approves all hardware, software, and firmware products that provide security features prior to use on any accredited information system or network.
- Executes computer security plans and enforces mandatory access control techniques such as trusted routers, bastion hosts, gateways, firewalls, or other methods of information systems protection.
- Conducts the Information Assurance Awareness Program which uses computer-based training for both initial and recurring information protection training.
- Formulates and develops communications security criteria and requirements for inclusion in mobility, contingency, and exercise plans; maintain accountability for sensitive cryptographic materials and related COMSEC information.
- Develops and maintains accurate security indoctrination information and forwards this information to the associated components
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496773700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.