Mission StatementLearn more about this agency
The NRO is the U.S. Government agency in charge of designing, building, launching and maintaining America's intelligence satellites. The NRO provides reconnaissance information to the Intelligence Community and the DoD warfighters. For more information see: http://www.nro.gov
VETERANS PREFERENCE/CURRENT OR FORMER FEDERAL
In accordance with DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, veterans preference is not required to be applied when considering candidates with prior Federal competitive or excepted service who have completed a probationary or trial period and have not been separated for cause. Therefore, veterans preference will not be applied to applicants with current federal service, or former federal civilian service meeting the above criteria.
Re-employed Annuitant: This position does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at:
As a Budget Analyst you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Perform work in any of the phases or systems of budget administration, to include formulation of budget and cost estimates to support plans, programs, and activities.
- Assist with budgetary, finance and accounting, management analysis of expenditures to ensure propriety and compliance with financial, fiscal, and auditing directives.
- Coordinate and assist with the development of the final budget and program products for moderately complex projects and with the resolution of controversial issues by working in close coordination with analysts and functional area subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Review program requirements and assist in the development/review of spend plans for accuracy and completeness.
- Assist in the identification of resource trade-offs within and among competing programs, and provide budget lead with recommendations for resource alternatives.
- Review funding documentation for accuracy and compliance with applicable organizational policies and instructions.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls to minimize data inaccuracy and/or the unauthorized use of funding.
- Advise COTR's, the Budget Director and the Program Manager on the financial aspects of programs in order to assist them in making sound budgetary decisions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496737900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.