Reemployed annuitant: This vacancy does not meet the criteria for appointment of annuitants.Learn more about this agency
- Directs and manages a staff of Human Resources Specialists and Assistants in providing solutions to complex problems, adjusting priorities, monitoring progress and evaluating outcomes.
- Executes and/or supervises the execution of all staffing actions within the Branch.
- Plans, develops, organizes, evaluates, and directs the Agency's HR major recruitment and staffing program areas.
- Advises supervisors and managers regarding regulatory requirements of a variety of recruitment/placement actions ranging from routine to uncommon.
- Develops recruitment sources and assures the regulatory and legislative compliance of all staffing actions processed by the Branch.
- Advises supervisors and managers in the application of administrative flexibilities such as recruitment, relocation, and retention incentives, excepted service appointments, compensation alternatives, etc.
- Ensures supervisors and managers are achieving their diversity goals in their organizations by recommending appropriate recruitment sources and methods, areas of consideration, and other options.
- Directs activities and provides guidance related to the Merit Promotion and Delegated Examining requirements (e.g., direct hires, expedited hiring authority, reduction-in-force actions; in services placement program and special employment programs).
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and reviews program activities to ensure they meet staffing requirements of the serviced organizations.
- Develops recruitment and merit promotion strategies to meet unique hiring needs and requirements from various business units simultaneously.
- Designs and implements "Time to Hire" metrics and measures in Recruitment, Staffing, and Placement Programs.
- Develops positive management-oriented services; participates with key staff and operating officials in developing plans for long and short term staffing requirements; and ensures full utilization of automated staffing methods.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496719100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.