The Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors (VRCs) are located in the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) Regional Office (RO), RO Out based office location, Vet Success On Campus (VSOC) school site, or Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES military installation). VRCs in the VBA provide and coordinate a wide range of rehabilitation counseling and case management services to disabled veterans and other eligible individuals. VRCs assigned to VSOC are located at a partnering school campus and serve as a liaison with school officials and represent VA on all matters under VA jurisdiction. The IDES VRCs are located at partnering Department of Defense (DOD) military installation and provides early outreach to wounded, ill or injured active duty Service members. Incumbent may be assigned to one or more schools or military installations, requiring coordination and interaction with officials from different schools or military officials.Learn more about this agency
Position Description Title/PD#: GS 11 - 37502, GS 12 - 37501
- At the GS 11 grade level; the incumbent performs a full range of case management responsibilities for training and employments services;
- Will be assigned initial evaluation cases by the VREO in which the degree of difficulty in determining entitlement ranges from simple to complex.
- At the GS 12 Grade level the incumbent provides counseling services to severely disabled veterans with complicated rehabilitation plans such as those calling for homebound and self-employment services;
- Independently carries through the full range of case management responsibilities for training and employment services on all types of cases including those requiring special procedures;
- Provides case management services including coordination of all rehabilitation services, employment services, documentation of progress and adjustment, and maintenance of case records according to VA regulations;
- Must operate with minimal need for supervision and may be assigned as team leader over casework performed by lower grade VRC?s;
- Will provide supervision to assigned work study students as well as develop and oversee mentoring programs, mentors and potential volunteers;
- Will be assigned evaluation cases which range in degree of difficulty range from minimal to extreme;
- Make recommendations and referrals to other sources which may assist the veteran;
- May act as Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COTR) to acquire evaluation, case management, employment, and other services needed in the rehabilitation process.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496667800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.