At the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, we work as One Team in support of our mission: Safeguarding the United States and its allies from global weapons of mass destruction threats by integrating, synchronizing, and providing expertise, technologies, and capabilities. We have an inclusive work environment that promotes a highly-qualified and diverse workforce capable of meeting the demands of such a critical mission. Whether your career is in an administrative support staff position or in a professional/technical area such as science, engineering, accounting or program management, DTRA offers a unique opportunity to join an innovative team of professionals dedicated to making the world safer. If you're ready to be entrusted with helping to safeguard the United States and its allies, DTRA offers a rewarding career with competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and many professional development opportunities.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Security Specialist at the GS-0080-14 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serve as a primary consultant and advisor to the senior leadership and personnel for Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) and its Reston, Virginia office on a wide variety of security and Counterintelligence (CI) as well as Antiterrorism and Force Protection (AT/FP) issues.
- Serve as an integral member of the Senior Leadership Group for Joint Improvised Threat Office (JIDO) and the focal point for matters related to security and counterintelligence (CI) for the JIDO population in Reston, and those at all the associated outlying sites.
- Exercise supervisory responsibilities for a security and counterintelligence staff that provide guidance and knowledge to support decision-makers in achieving overall security objectives and priorities.
- Develop/modify standards to ensure that personnel, information, and physical security practices meet acceptable guidelines.
- Oversee various special projects; works all matters concerning security to meet unique requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496659400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.