The incumbent serves as an IT Specialist for an assigned Product Portfolio under the direction of the portfolio Director. The incumbent is responsible for assigned IT systems within its portfolio. This includes developing enterprise integrated product solution architecture, strategies, planning, and roadmap to support development efforts to achieve Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) wide business objectives.Learn more about this agency
- Lead the development of enterprise, tactical, and project level product solution architecture, and design that meet VA strategic goals and objectives.
- Ensure information systems are secure, reliable, accessible, and with preventive measures against unauthorized access.
- Lead / support market research, feasibility studies, and trade-off analysis to create innovative and creative product solutions.
- Responsible for integration reference architecture and maintaining its currency based on organizational development.
- Determine, monitor and review costs, operational budgets, schedules, and contracting requirements for assigned projects or programs.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: May be available with supervisor approval
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ 15389A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary and for the most part, in an office environment. Employee lifts and carries reference books, working papers, and similar items to and from conferences. A moderate amount of standing and walking is required in getting to and from meeting places away from the worksite
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496584000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.