Organizational Location: This attorney position is located in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Office of the Principal Legal Advisor (OPLA), Executive Communications Unit (ECU), Washington, D.C.Learn more about this agency
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses will not be paid.
NOTE: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
ICE OPLA is seeking one or more attorneys for positions within ECU, located in Washington, D.C. ECU attorneys handle the coordination and processing of requests for legal review from internal and external sources. In particular, ECU attorneys:
- Manage a diverse portfolio and coordinate the entire workflow and legal review of tasks assigned to OPLA.
- Complete legal sufficiency reviews for those tasks related to executive correspondences, requests for information on immigration enforcement priorities and policies, and congressional inquiries on immigration enforcement priorities and policies.
- Manage specific portfolios, including general audits with the ICE Audit Liaison Office, audits by the Government Accountability Office (GAO), Congressional notices and updates, Congressional private bills, Congressional Questions-for-the-Record (QFRs), and other special projects.
- Work within a team to develop and enhance efficiencies in document management and clearance procedures for the assigned tasks; and
- Enhance internal and external communications and relationships through effective interaction with components and other ICE programs in order to increase OPLA's ability to provide timely, consistent, and accurate legal advice.
Applicants also must possess the following characteristics and competencies: integrity, judgment, organizational and time management skills, communication skills, reliability, perseverance, decisiveness, initiative, professionalism, interpersonal relationship skills and outstanding written and oral advocacy skills. Occasional travel may be required. The selectee will be required to have or be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496561800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.