This position is being filled under the Pathways Internship Program that is designed to attract students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions to work in agencies and explore careers while still in school.Learn more about this agency
The positions are located in various Federal Transit Administration (FTA) offices. Student Trainees will receive opportunities for learning in a professional work environment that focuses on transit career-related fields. The vision of success is to provide student Trainees the opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. Participants in the program will be exposed to the Federal work environment and will learn the mission of the Federal Transit Administration and it's role and responsibilities to the public transportation industry.
THIS VACANCY IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 75 APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AND WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON THE CLOSING DATE OR MIDNIGHT ON THE DAY THE 75TH APPLICATION IS RECEIVED, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days for this location.
PLEASE NOTE: Salary will be adjusted in accordance with the locality pay of the specific area. Salaries for areas are available on the OPM website
The Pathways, Student Intern (Community Planner):
- Performs work assignments of progressively increasing difficulty and complexity which are integrated with the community planning college curriculum, and are designed to provide the opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge and actual work experience in the field. Work assignments require application of appropriate college level scholastic skills and knowledge. These assignments are designed to provide the opportunity to independently apply the principles, concepts, work processes, regulations, reference materials, and procedures fundamental to the technical aspects of the planning field and its application to the office, planning functions, including the assessment of factors that impact planning activities.
- Is responsible for typing a variety of letters, memoranda, forms, reports, charts and tables using computer systems.
- Is responsible for proofreading assignments and compiling review in fully assembled form by making corrections using grammar and spelling as needed.
- Establishes and maintains planning and program files to enable office personnel to locate pertinent and vital records without delay.
- Assists staffers in tracking products of the Planning process TIPs, STIPs, UPWPs, Long Range Transportation Plans, Planning Certification and Planning Management Reviews.
- Assists staffers in providing guidance to states and other grantees relative to the preparation of application submission materials and ensures that FTA review comments and concerns are addressed in the grant applications.
- Assists in the review and preparation of the recommendation for approval for certain assigned STIP.
- Assists senior staff with the FHWA Division Office in Planning Certification Review follow up activities as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Position requires occasional travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applications will be accepted from all U.S. Citizens.
This position is part of the Pathways Program and is open to current students who are enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a qualifying educational institution and enrolled at least half-time. Additional information can be found at https://www.usajobs.gov/StudentJobs.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496522600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.