This position is part of the Defense Human Resources Activity, Defense Civilian Personnel Advisory Service.Learn more about this agency
The DCPAS Mission is to be the enterprise leader in the development and delivery of civilian personnel policies and HR solutions that strengthen mission readiness. DCPAS is responsible for developing and delivering civilian personnel policies and human resources
solutions to strengthen the DoD civilian workforce's mission readiness and enhance all aspects of the total civilian lifecycle.
As a Personnel Research Psychologist at the GS-0180-14 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serve as DoD's senior expert in Industrial/Organizational Psychology theories, concepts, principles, methods and techniques *including, but not limited to formal job analysis, validity strategy, measurement objectives, psychometric analysis, personnel assessment, test construction, advance statistics, and logic.
- Provide senior-level consultation services, advice, and assistance to all DoD Components, Senior Executives, and Functional Communities on the development, validation, and implementation of competencies into Human Capital Initiatives and Programs.
- Prepare complete and comprehensive technical reports to document all components of the job analysis, assessment development, and data analysis.
- Perform all phases of the research process, including problem definition, planning, execution, analysis, interpretation and reporting results; determining the proper interpretation and use of research findings and identifying implications to workforce initiatives.
- Develop predictive models that forecast trends and requirements through the application of scientific methodologies and analytic techniques.
- Create data collection plans for testing before use in large scale data collection programs.
- Oversee the development and administration of workforce competency assessments, gap assessments, and collection of raw data for analysis and oversee the development of competency models.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496509100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.