Mission StatementLearn more about this agency
The NRO is the U.S. Government agency in charge of designing, building, launching and maintaining America's intelligence satellites. The NRO provides reconnaissance information to the Intelligence Community and the DoD warfighters. For more information see: http://www.nro.gov
VETERANS PREFERENCE/CURRENT OR FORMER FEDERAL
In accordance with DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, veterans preference is not required to be applied when considering candidates with prior Federal competitive or excepted service who have completed a probationary or trial period and have not been separated for cause. Therefore, veterans preference will not be applied to applicants with current federal service, or former federal civilian service meeting the above criteria.
Re-employed Annuitant: This position does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
As an Acquisition Project Manager you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serves as an Acquisition Project manager in the National Reconnaissance Office - Ground Enterprise Directorate responsible for managing cost, schedule and performance of major contracts to develop, deliver, and sustain overhead reconnaissance systems, including, spacecraft hardware, ground and communication components, and mission software applications.
- Manages and assesses progress in assigned projects/programs, including cost, schedule, and performance supporting baseline requirements, by applying program management methods and procedures.
- Develops, executes, and monitors risk management strategies to address areas of concern or potential gaps.
- Provides input in source selection and assess contractor performance during all acquisition phases, including operations.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates activities with functional specialist, including contracting, engineering, manufacturing program control, configuration/data management, test, logistics and operations support.
- Studies, reviews and evaluates program progress.
- Works closely and substantially with program Contracting Officers Technical Representatives (COTRs) and prime contractors to provide leadership and ensure program objectives are achieved within stringent cost, schedule, and technical performance requirements.
- Provides authoritative recommendations, briefings, and other formal and informal feedback and status to management on all aspects of program status, contractor technical performance and for all significant decision points.
- Secures classified information in accordance with E.O. 13526.
Occasional travel - May be required to travel CONUS and OCONUS in military or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496494600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.