Unified Organization Working as One TeamLearn more about this agency
If you would like to be a part of a federal organization dedicated to serving our nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG). The DoD OIG promotes integrity, accountability, and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest. The OIG offers the full range of Federal benefits (see link below) and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA with the Department of Defense, Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Chief of Staff, Mission Support Team, Logistics Management Office (LMO), Continuity, Safety, and Deployment Division (CSDD). The incumbent performs a variety of deployment support services for OIG civilian and military staff for all foreign missions.
Duties as a Logistics Management Specialist include:
- Administers processes required for deployment of military, civilian, and contractor personnel. Provides guidance to deploying personnel, maintains information on the status of all deployment actions including completion of deployment training and isolated personnel requirements. Serves as the alternate for all deployment-health matters.
- Serves as the agency Military Passport Acceptance Agent. Coordinates directly with the DoD Passport Office to ensure passports and visas are obtained prior to an employee's departure. Represents the OIG during the biennial passport inspection by Department of State.
- Prepares country and theater clearance requests for the conduct of official business in foreign countries. Coordinates directly with mission and embassy staff to include Defense Attaché offices and affected Department of State offices to ensure clearances are approved and required logistical arrangements are in place.
- Tracks pay entitlements including danger pay, post (hardship) differential, and lifting of biweekly and annual pay caps; and maintains deployed employees' record locator worksheets, which support qualification for receiving a relocation incentive service agreement and earning home leave. Serves as the liaison between the deployed employee and Human Capital Management.
- Identifies and recommends uniform items for personnel deployed to overseas contingency operations locations; coordinates with eligible employees to obtain orders; procures uniforms using a Government Purchase Card or other means, and ensure uniforms are procured in compliance with OIG and DoD policy.
Occasional travel - You may be required to travel up to 5% Temporary Travel (TDY)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496492200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.