Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Protocol Specialist in a developmental capacity, performing assignments designed to further develop applicable analytical and evaluative skills and techniques. This is a developmental position. All training must be completed and regulatory requirements met prior to promotion.
This is a developmental position with known promotion potential to the target position of GS-0301-12, Core Personnel Document-8E21502. Incumbent works closely with supervisor in performing duties of full performance of the core personnel document.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Command SME Protocol Specialist to formulate, implement and oversee all aspects of foreign and domestic visits to Headquarters Air Force Globe Strike Command (AFGSC). To provide protocol advice, support, and operational work for both official and social functions in support of the AFGSC Commander and Vice Commander, Command Chief, HQ Staff Agencies, NAF Commanders, Wing Commanders and Units. Ensures preparation of support to and execution of Air Force domestic protocol events to include ceremonies, visits, meetings, conferences, funerals, and special events.
- Performs developmental assignments.
- Performs recurring assignments.
- Maintains the Commander's contingency Funds for gifts to be presented by the Commander, as well as Commander's Supplemental Moral and Welfare Fund.
- Assists and Performs Protocol training.
- Senior Protocol Specialist.
- Develops Protocol Training Courses and implements protocol policy and procedural guidance based on DOD and AF objectives to AFGSC.
- As SME, responsible for oversight of effective and accurate expenditures of Official Representation Funds (ORF), Special Morale and Welfare Funds (SM and W) and Operations and Maintenance (O and M) Funds,
- and management of expenditures for the office government purchase card and travel budget.
- As the Protocol Expert, he/she will serve, along with the Chief of Protocol, as the principle point of contact for all protocol aspects of conferences hosted by AFGSC Commander or Vice Commander.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496458900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.