About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Kimbrough is the headquarters of the U.S. Army Medical Department Activity (MEDDAC), Fort George G. Meade, which includes a number of U.S. Army health clinics, occupational health clinics, telemedicine, behavioral health, allergen extract lab, drug testing labs, and environmental health clinics at several other installations in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and District of Columbia. Kimbrough provides primary care, selected specialty care and same day surgery for TRICARE Prime patients, Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Serve as personal assistant to the Deputy Commander on all administrative matters requiring intimate knowledge of all facets of the medical center program and policy matters.
- As assistant to Deputy, is responsible for administrative coordination of services and supplemental administrative support to 7 satellite medical clinics, in execution of supervisor's policies, plans, and response to outside requirements.
- Advise the Deputy Commander on problems of an administrative nature.
- Attend these meetings in order to keep abreast of program changes, take notes, and write reports, as well as to track and maintain status of tasking given to activity chiefs by Deputy.
- Research background through program area affected, from Army Regulations and other manuals to clarify all matters before items are put in for the Deputy's approval or disapproval.
- Responsible for the preparation of all required periodic reports for the Deputy insuring collection of appropriate management data and timeliness of submission.
- Assure work accomplishment of administrative matters relative to documents control, files management, and reports management.
- Receive incoming correspondence and routes to appropriate office or staff member, as determined by subject matter.
- Receive correspondence prepared within the Deputy's office, and reviews prior to signature or dispatch for format, accuracy of typing and grammar, adequacy of attachments and general policy compliance.
- Serve as the liaison contact on matters related to administrative procedures such as time cards, paychecks, overtime, leave requests, merit pay employee standards and performance appraisals, etc.
- Coordinate the Deputy's calendar and makes travel arrangements as necessary.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496458700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.