Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; some on call; compressed work schedule may be availableLearn more about this agency
American Lake Division
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Recruitment and Relocation incentives are not authorized.
The VA Puget Sound Health Care System (VAPSHCS) Rehab Care Service is seeking a fulltime Staff Physician for their American Lake Division of Rehabilitation Care. The selected candidate will be board certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, or Board Eligible within one year of the completion of residency or fellowship. The Physician will specifically have knowledge and skills in General Outpatient Rehabilitation, including Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation. Expertise in electrodiagnostic medicine or office-based muscuskeletal procedures would be preferred but not required. In addition, the physician will have broad based skills in the diagnosis and treatment of the full spectrum of acute and chronic rehabilitation conditions.
The selected candidate will function independently as a member of the VA Puget Sound medical staff, with full clinical privileges. Duties include:
- Provides a full range of PM&R specific evaluations to diagnosis and treat all general rehabilitation populations.
- Provides consultation to professional staff within VAPSHCS & community providers concerning clinical assessment findings and appropriate patient treatment plans.
- Develop, implement and document the PM&R treatment plan for an assigned caseload of patients.
- Functions independently as a member of the VAPSHCS Medical Staff, with full clinical privileges.
- Assumes complete professional responsibility for his/her clinical assessment findings, patient care decisions and documentation.
- Provides education to patients, family members and significant others.
- Complies with all CPRS documentation procedures, including timeliness of standards for documentation and proper patient check out procedures.
- Maintains certification and licensure in the medical specialty.
- Serves as a clinical leader in emergencies.
- Provides care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for health problems and promotes health.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496432200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.