This vacancy is for an IT Specialist (Networks) position in the Telecommunication Office (TCO) located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line - Suitland Station.Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other IT Specialist (Networks), GS-2210-13 positions within the Census Bureau in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Please read the 'Who May Apply' section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see TCO-2018-0005, IT Specialist (Networks), GS-2210-13, CENSUS-MP-JG.
A probationary period may be required.
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Analyze and evaluate work concerned with integrated systems of computer programs and/or computer equipment.
- Apply available technologies and basic management principles to adapt computer methods to a variety of subject matter situations; perform hand-on configurations on enterprise Voice over IP (VoIP) infrastructure to include Cisco Unified Communication and Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise platform.
- Support subject matter users by developing or designing applications for computers and/or in selecting, or assisting in selecting computer equipment.
- Oversee/perform equipment installation or relocation, testing and acceptance processes;serve as a subject matter expert in Voice over IP (VoIP) VoIP enterprise infrastructure; serve as a lead network voice over IP (VoIP) engineers responsible for designing, testing, deploying, monitoring and oversight of the Census Bureau’s voice infrastructure.
- Integrate several hardware, software, and/or computer related services to provide an integrated information system.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496414000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.