OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
The VA Black Hills Health Care System (VA BHHCS) is located in the beautiful Black Hills of Western South Dakota. South Dakota has No State Income Tax, has been named one of the Happiest and Safest States in the nation, is home to Top Ten Scenic Drives and Top Ten National Forests, features an Outdoor Life's Top City for Outdoor Enthusiasts and hosts the legendary annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.
VA BHHCS is where we live and work in rural small town settings, only minutes from Rapid City's shopping, dining, cultural, and entertainment venues. We offer rich history, including Mammoths and Prehistoric Civilizations, the 7th Cavalry, Deadwood, and Mount Rushmore. Hiking, fishing, rock climbing, canoeing, water skiing, golf, snowmobiling, hunting, camping, downhill and cross country skiing, motorcycling--the opportunities are endless. The Black Hills includes stunning landscapes such as Black Elk Peak, Bear Butte, the Badlands and the Needles Highway.
VA BHHCS is a multi-campus health care system, with approximately 1300 employees, providing primary care, acute medicine, surgery, behavioral health, nursing home and domiciliary care from medical centers located at Fort Meade and Hot Springs, South Dakota as well as a staffed Community Based Outreach Clinic in Rapid City and numerous contracted and staffed clinics in Western South Dakota, Northern Nebraska and Eastern Wyoming. The VABHHCS is part of VA Midwest Healthcare System (VISN23), which includes facilities in Minnesota, North Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. Contact the Agency Contact for information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator.
The Program Support Assistant (Revenue Technician) position is located in the Health Administration Service Line at the VA Black Hills Health Care System, Fort Meade VA Medical Center in Fort Meade, South Dakota.
The incumbent serves as a Revenue Technician and as such is responsible for the validation and audit of potential third party reimbursable insurance claims for the local facility, not processed by the Consolidated Patient Account Center (CPAC). This includes billing and revenue collection for the Medicare Agreement for Non Veterans receiving Dialysis under this special program.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as liason for the Medical Center responsible for coordinating activities, researching issues, providing documental, and other specialty billings that are not completed by identified sites within VISN 23.
- Performs program support work which involves multi-processes such as the collection, compilation, and/or tracking of data and program information in support of revenue.
- Enters pertinent information information into available automated tracking system and maintains accurate program specific data.
- Completes research projects in support of policy development and/or technical program activities.
- Performs administrative functions associated with collections, as appropriate for the specific program.
- Provides guidance and assistance to management on activities involving first and third party reimbursement for specific billing assignments.
- Collateral duties to include providing coverage for release of information clerks.
- Provide answers to customer service inquiries regarding accounts receivable for only billing types assigned.
- Provides patient education and assistance concerning Medical Care Cost Fund (MCCF) program for the specific programs remaining under the responsibility of the local facility.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: " src="/images/placeholder.png?txt=USAJOBS Job Title" />/GS-0303-06_200230_BHS_7654_ Program Support Assistant
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496393500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.