The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Joining the Office of the Undersecretary (OUS) means overseeing Department of Homeland Security (DHS) efforts to counter terrorism and enhance security, administrative performance, operational programs, and other pertinent management information. In this position, you would be responsible for evaluating, implementing, and monitoring IT system security requirements.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for
Relocation expenses are not authorized. Other recruitment incentives may be authorized.
This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
Appointments are subject to the availability of funds. Learn more about this agency
- Interprets and implements IT security requirements resulting from new regulations and/or directives.
- Integrates IT security programs to include defining level of detail of security plans and policies.
- Assesses new IT systems, networks and software designs for potential IT security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Develops long-range plans for IT security systems.
- Resolves integration issues related to the implementation of new systems using existing infrastructure.
- Provides information to external customers and/or stakeholders regarding new IT security systems enhancements and/or threats.
Occasional travel - Minimal travel required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496198200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.