About the Position: Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program. Click here or more information on Pathways program participation.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled for the following series:
0899- Engineering and Architecture Intern
1399- Physical Sciences Intern
- Pathways Internship positions provide for development and training. Assignments become more responsible as incumbent increases knowledge and skills through work experience and academic training. At the full-performance level, you will be expected to:
- Responsible for learning basic methods, techniques, and procedures and carries out specific tasks of limited scope and complexity that are generally minor phases of a larger project or assignment.
- Correlating data, recognizing discrepancies in results, and participating in an experiment, study or research project by providing support to higher level personnel.
- Systematic application of engineering or scientific knowledge used to evaluate and analyze technical capability, survivability, lethality, vulnerability, etc. of the equipment and human component of both existing and conceptual systems
- Application of a variety of physical and analytic disciplines such as ballistics, mechanics, electronics, computer technology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, probability, statistics, and operations research.
- Use a variety of physical and analytic disciplines in the measurement, response, analysis, prediction, and simulation of system and component performance parameters under all environments and threats.
- Using the results of destructive and non-destructive experiments for development and extrapolation of new and existing models.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496014300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.