About the Position: This position is located at US Army 1st Special Forces Command, Command Section Secretary General Staff (SGS) at Fort Bragg, North Carolina.Learn more about this agency
In 2017, a survey was conducted by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), measuring employee satisfaction and commitment. The USASOC is ranked # 1 in the Employee Engagement Index within the Department of the Army. USASOC employees know without question that what they do every day is impactful, significant, and vital to the overall success of the command.
Fort Bragg is a culturally diverse area with both rural and city populations, co-located at Fayetteville, North Carolina, centrally located in the beautiful state of North Carolina, which enjoys a temperate year-round climate and world-renowned colleges and universities. Fayetteville is centrally located between the beautiful beaches of North Carolina and the scenic Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) providing technical expertise in the reception and hosting of a myriad of social/official events (both national and international).
- Serves as Chief, in the absence of the Protocol Officer to include planning, evaluating, developing, coordinating and overseeing all aspects of the program.
- Serves as the alternate staff advisor for all protocol matters to the Command and subordinate units.
- Responsible and delegate authority to independently coordinate and communicate with subordinate units, higher headquarters, governmental offices, and representatives of visiting dignitaries.
- Provide guidance and advice to the Command and subordinate units.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496012900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.