Morale, Welfare and Recreation provides Sailors and their families the finest facilities, programs and activities to meet their recreational and social needs, encouraging individual values, aids retention, and provides the physical, mental and social needs of a mobile Navy.
***THIS POSITION IS LOCATED AT JEB FORT STORY LIBERTY & OER CTR***Learn more about this agency
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides customer service, information and support of Community Recreation programs and activities. Service to MWR customers includes, but is not limited to: checking patron eligibility to ensure authorized use of recreation facilities, resources and equipment, providing information about activities and program offerings, opening and closing facilities, ordering and restocking supplies, and preparing snack bar menu items or prepackaged retail items.
• Collects fees from customers associated with sales of tickets, retail and rental items, as well as from classes, trips, and various other Community Recreation programs using Point of Sales (POS) and computer programs.
• Is accountable for the accuracy of daily sales transactions and completes a Daily Activity Report (DAR) at the end of every shift.
• Assists in processing customer Internet registrations (i.e. Net Near You), initial log-ins and event registrations.
• Checks Community Recreation equipment and resources in and out, collects any applicable rental fees, inventories items and completes inspections upon return.
• Notifies supervisor or program lead if damage or loss has occurred.
• Ensures all rental or check-out forms are properly completed and reservation and checkout procedures are followed.
• Conducts inventory, maintains inventory controls and maintains equipment for proper accountability of program equipment and resources.
• Assists in administering traditional and non-traditional workshops, clinics and events in a variety of leisure and recreation skills subject areas, in tune with offerings popular in the local area, including but not limited to camping, cycling, sailing, backpacking, canoeing, snow skiing, hiking and water sports.
• Provides recreation experiences related to leisure skill sets in the form of day and weekend trips.
• Assists in day-to-day administration of multiple programs to which assigned. Tasks include submission of event after-action reports, patronage data collection and entering
• Performs inventory of various types of equipment, retail goods, supplies and items deemed to have cash value.
• Performs administrative duties, all of which are accomplished through a variety of means, including computer software programs which track resource inventories, patron
usage/comments, and program standards metrics.
• Assists with recruitment, training and scheduling of Community Recreation staff.
• Actively supports the command statement on adherence to EEO principles and policies.
• Assists in the planning, coordinating, publicizing, marketing and execution of MWR programs and special events.
• Performs entertainment and promotion scheduling.
• Assists in updating of electronic and multi-media support tools, as needed.
• Seeks ways to promote MWR facilities and events through outreach opportunities on base.
• Promotes use of recreational E-reading resources available through online MWR Library Program resources.
• Develops working partnerships with both on base and off base organizations (park districts, forest preserve, clubs, special interest groups, etc.) to support and benefit MWR
• Performs community outreach to assist in the development of contacts.
• Assists in the creation of professional proposals, execution of agreements and follow-up.
• Researches and provides information and referral for a variety of recreational opportunities for individuals/families on and off the base.
• Adheres to NAVMED P-5010 sanitation requirements.
• Initiates and follows up on maintenance trouble calls to get equipment/facility issues resolved.
• Provides support for Community Recreation event set up and break down.
• Performs other duties as assigned as they pertains to the duties of this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495815800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.