This position is located in the National Marine Fisheries Services, Alaska Region, Sustainable Fisheries Division with a few vacancies in Juneau, Alaska.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band.
The ZP-2 is equivalent to the GS-09.
The ZP-3 is equivalent to the GS-11/12.
If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you may be non-competitively promoted if you perform successfully and if recommended by management.
Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) for Juneau, Alaska is 3.74% and is not federally taxed. The COLA is not reflected in the locality salary shown in this vacancy announcement.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-AKR-2018-0010, which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Fishery Management Specialist, ZP-0401-2/3 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band and requires the same qualifications and specialized experience as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As a Fishery Management Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- Analyze fishery conservation or management problems or issues and recommend fishery management plan amendments or regulatory amendments that would resolve the problem or accomplish the stated conservation or management objective.
- Prepare the written documents needed for a proposed fishery management plan amendment or regulatory amendment packages that are complete, accurate, and comply with applicable Federal laws, Executive Orders, and agency guidance.
- Manage the internal review process for fishery management plan amendments or regulatory amendments to ensure that the documents are completed, reviewed, approved, and implemented within established deadlines.
- Analyze the impact of proposed fishery management plans or regulatory amendments on the human environment, the fishing industry, communities, the public, and other affected parties.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% of domestic travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…* Status Candidates - Current Federal employees with competitive status or Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility;
* CTAP/ICTAP eligibles;
* Veterans under VRA, VEOA or 30% Disabled and certain Military Spouses;
* Individuals with Disabilities (Schedule A);
* Peace Corps, Vista (AmeriCorps) eligibles;
* Those eligible under an OPM interchange agreement or other special appointing authority.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495791000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.