Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Learn more about this agency
This Standing Register was opened on 3/20/2018. Effective 11/16/2018 the National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD) is now the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). The hiring organization, the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C), is now the Cybersecurity Division.
Duties of the IT Specialist (INFOSEC), GS-2210-13/14 at the full performance level of the GS-14 grade level include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop long-range plans for IT security systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with IT systems vulnerabilities.
- Review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks.
- Resolve integration issues related to the implementation of new systems with the existing infrastructure.
- Lead new security technologies implementation activities.
- Implement higher-level security requirements such as those resulting from laws, regulations, or Presidential directives.
Occasional travel - May be required to be in a travel status away from home up to 6 to 10 nights per month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495699200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.