The Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System (GCVHCS) is recruiting for an energetic physician to function as a General Radiologist. Duties include all aspects of interpretation of imaging procedures and the performance of fluoroscopy. The Candidate must demonstrate ability in the utilization of PACS and voice recognition system. Support/participation in imaging review committees is required. Participation in peer reviews is mandatory. Duties consist of interpretation of all diagnostic imaging procedures to include general radiology, CT, MRI, ultrasound, fluoroscopy, and nuclear medicine. Other duties include review of imaging requests for appropriateness and provision of expert opinion on the level and appropriateness of care for patients requiring imaging services.Learn more about this agency
THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the closing date, whichever event occurs first; consequently, the position may be filled before the posted closing date. Incomplete application packages will not receive consideration. First review will take place after 15 days of this posting.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; Administrative Hours
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- Provides interpretation of all diagnostic imaging procedures to include general radiology, CT, ultrasound, fluoroscopy, nuclear medicine, nuclear medicine cardiac studies (all), MRI, and invasive procedures.
- Reviews imaging requests for appropriateness.
- Provides expert opinion on the level and appropriateness of care for patients requiring imaging services.
- Performs fluoroscopy, myelography, arthrograms, and biopsy procedures.
- Provides expert consultative services to providers.
- Provides full range of interventional radiological examinations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495389400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.