OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
***POSITION IS LOCATED AT THE WEST ROXBURY AND JAMAICA PLAIN CAMPUS, Surgical Service Line ***
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS: RESUME,
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday Hours will vary
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- Candidates who meet the qualification requirements within 15 calendar days following the closing date of the announcement will be considered.
- This position is in the Excepted Service.
- The incumbent may be required to travel to other VA campuses and CBOC's.
- Applicant's education, length of practice, will be considered by a compensation panel in determining the salary of the applicant selected.
- Drug Testing Position: Applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test result is received.
- Selectee will be required to complete additional forms to proceed with employment process.
Academic Urologist with expertise in minimally invasive/robotic surgery, oncologic urology and clinical trials. Candidates must have an outstanding academic record with evidence of teaching, research and publications in the fields of minimally invasive laparoscopic/robotic surgery and oncologic urology. Candidates must have an MD or equivalent degree, and be preferably a US citizen. Fellowship training in minimally invasive and robotic surgery is preferred. Credentials should allow for appointment at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor at Harvard Medical School (HMS) or Boston University (BU) School of Medicine. Candidates should be available to start clinical practice in 2017. Compensation will be competitive with the major academic medical centers in the region.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495374300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.