Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to plan, install, configure, test, implement, and management of the systems environment in support of the organizations IT architecture and business needs. Planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation, implementation, integration, maintenance, and/or management of networked systems used for the transmission of information in voice, data, and/or video formats.
- Analysis, planning, design, implementation, documentation, assessment, and management of the enterprise structural framework to align IT strategy, plans, and systems with the mission, goals, structure, and processes of the organization.
- Applying analytical processes to the planning, design, and implementation of new and improved information systems to meet the business requirements of customer organizations.
- Design, documentation, development, modification, testing, installation, implementation, and support of new or existing applications software.
- Planning, installation, configuration, testing, implementation, and management of the systems environment in support of the organizations IT architecture and business needs.
- Planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation, implementation, integration, maintenance, and/or management of networked systems used for the transmission of information and/or video formats.
- Planning and delivery of customer support services, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training, in response to customer requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- Total salary varies depending on location of position
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- A security clearance may be required
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Per National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of fiscal year (FY) 2017. Section 1111 modifies 5 United States Code (U.S.C.) 3326; Veterans who are retiring within 180 days of appointment effective date may require a 180 day waiver package.
- This position is subject to provisions of the DOD Priority Placement Program
QualificationsBASIC REQUIREMENTS GS-05 and GS-07:
Undergraduate or Graduate education: Degree in any field
Experience demonstrating each of the following competencies: 1-attention to detail-through when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail, 2-customer service-works with clients and customers to assess needs, provide information or assistance, and resolve their problems or satisfy their expectations, 3-oral communication-express information to individuals or groups effectively, 4-problem solving- identifies problems, determines accuracy of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS GS-09 to GS-15:
Undergraduate or Graduate education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
IT related experience demonstrating each of the following competencies: 1-attention to detail-through when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail, 2-customer service-works with clients and customers to assess needs, provide information or assistance, and resolve their problems or satisfy their expectations, 3-oral communication-express information to individuals or groups effectively, 4-problem solving- identifies problems, determines accuracy of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
For GS-7: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 that demonstrated knowledge of computer requirements and techniques in carrying out project assignments consisting of several related tasks, such as development of minor modifications to parts of a system on the basis of detailed specifications provided. The assignments must have shown completion of the following, or the equivalent: Analysis of the interrelationships of pertinent components of the system; planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment.
For GS-9: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 that demonstrated knowledge of computer requirements and techniques in carrying out project assignments consisting of several related tasks, such as development of minor modifications to parts of a system on the basis of detailed specifications provided. The assignments must have shown completion of the following, or the equivalent: Analysis of the interrelationships of pertinent components of the system; planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment; and personal responsibility for at least a segment of the overall project.
For GS-11: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 that demonstrated accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques. For example, experience in developing modifications to parts of a system that required significant revisions in the logic or techniques used in the original development. Accomplishments, in addition to those noted for the GS-9, normally involve the following, or the equivalent: Knowledge of the customary approaches, techniques, and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization; planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls; and adaptation of guidelines or precedents to the needs of the assignment.
For GS-12: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level that demonstrated experience in planning, analyzing, acquisition, designing, developing, implementing, quality assurance, configuration, integrating, maintenance testing, operational integrity, and/or management of systems used.
For GS-13: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 that demonstrated experience in providing technical expertise on architecture, acquisition, certification and accreditation, systems tailoring for an organization mission; planning, organizing and managing the IT requirements and assessing long and short-term IT integration and migration capabilities; planning current and future system architecture requirements.
For GS-14: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 that demonstrated experience in serving as senior IT specialist and consultant to senior management in support of organization wide IT policy, budget and plans for systems development, acquisition, installation, operation and maintenance; planning, organizing, and overseeing the activities of the IT organization and reviewing policies, procedures, mission objectives and organization design for the staff; serving as the recognized authority in the analysis and direction of IT programs and issues; and in researching, interpreting, analyzing and applying operations and security guidance.
For GS-15: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 that demonstrated experience in representing the IT program at senior and executive levels with government and contractor organizations; providing expert technical advice and guidance to senior leadership on appropriate application of technology to meet current and future mission requirements; advising on maturity and viability of emerging IT solutions to include recommendations; development and implementation of IT capabilities and policy; performs oversight roles within the planning implementing, monitoring, and assessing programs; applies project management techniques and analytical processes to the planning, design, and implementation of new and improved systems; and reviews application of IT solutions including technological cost estimates.
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of Information Technology principles, concepts, practices, systems software, database software, and immediate access storage technology to carry out activities.
2. Ability to assess and advise on a variety of sources and procedures and methods for systems and applications.
3. Knowledge of system requirements and techniques for planning current and future system architecture requirements.
4. Knowledge of commonly applied principles, concepts, and methodologies, operating characteristics and capabilities of systems, media, equipment, and related software systems, processes and procedures.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
For EHA Positions:
These positions are being filled under Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions and Health Care Occupations. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office Of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint individuals to select defense acquisition workforce positions, or 'EHA Acquisition,' pursuant to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and certain health care occupations, or 'EHA Medical.' Positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent, temporary or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
See "Additional Information" in this announcement for further information regarding DHA Positions.
For Direct Hire (DHA) Positions:
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice, under this recruitment procedure applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades "GS-05 Target GS-15". There may be promotion potential up to the GS-15 or equivalent.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Public Notice:
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
- Transcripts - if qualifying based on education or positive education series
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
- Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214 which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 12/31/2018.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10176736
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
550 C Street W
JBSA Randolph AFB, TX 78150
After you submit your application, you will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required.
Your application will remain active through the open period of this Public Notice. Once this Public Notice closes, you must reapply.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495357400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.