SummaryThis position is located in Office of Programs and Partnerships.Learn more about this agency
First time hires to the Federal government salaries are normally set at the beginning of the salary range listed above.
This position is in the EXCEPTED Service with a not-to-exceed date of 2 years. This position may be terminated at management discretion.
This position requires to the completion of a 1-year supervisory probationary period, if one has not previously been completed.
Applicants are encouraged to use the USA Jobs resume template. However, if you do not use the template you must ensure your resume contains ALL required information which includes hours worked, starting and ending months and years, and if Federal employment (series, pay plan, and grade).
As the Dance Director some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serve as the agency's nationally recognized leader and authority for the field of Dance. Provide national leadership and direction concerning agency programming and funding assessment for the Dance field.
- Represent the Agency by attending and speaking at national and/or regional meetings and events of significance to the Dance field.
- Oversee the grant making process from application, to grant, to final report. Review proposals from the Dance field, manage the panel review process for applications (propose funding amounts, present grant recommendations for consideration by senior management).
- Identify groups of advisory panel reviewers for approval by Deputy Chairman for Programs and Partnerships. Recruit experts in the Dance field to serve as advisory panelists.
- Manage a team of staff members who assist with reviewing applications, assembling panels, monitoring grantee performance, processing grants, cooperative agreements and leadership initiatives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495178300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.