Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to conduct interviews with clients, administer assessment questionnaires, provide training to individuals at risk for family maltreatment, and assist other staff members in the research and evaluation of the Family Advocacy Program (FAP), to ensure compliance with DoD Directives and agency FAP Standards.
- Explain Program Services, requirements, policies and procedures; and obtain pertinent history and other case information to be incorporated in the file as background for planning indicated services. Provide basic counseling services to clients.
- Document interviews, and evaluate the relevance of information collected to the problem described by the client. Develop initial tentative conclusions as to appropriate referral sources or recommended treatment to the staff.
- Administer assessment data collection instruments required to individuals referred. Process and score assessment questionnaires initially and on a follow-up basis as specified by the research program.
- Participate with the staff in the development and implementation of outreach/prevention, resource and referral, and treatment programs for individuals, families, and groups needing assistance with different problems and issues.
- Participate in the development of action plans Outreach Prevention Team. Identify opportunities to use volunteers in the annual needs assessment and other programs.
- Recruit volunteers, plan, and conduct training sessions for them; prepare agenda for the case management team meetings, compile statistical data, and prepare a variety of recurring reports.
- Use varied and advanced functions of word processing software to create, format, modify, edit, and print a variety of letters, reports, memos, and other textual documents.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495164400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.